Proper care of furniture will give you years of enjoyment. To keep it in sound condition and long lasting, regular maintenance and some preventions are required. We recommend certain suggestions, so that our clients can take proper care of their furniture.
Some of the useful points, they should follow are:
- furniture should not be placed directly under windows
- furniture are not to be placed under direct sunlight or in damp areas
- Heavy-duty center drawer guides
- Spills should be wiped up immediately
- Plastic material such as place mats, notebooks and lamp bases should not be kept on the furniture directly as certain plastics may react with the finish and cause damage
- furniture should be dusted frequently using a clean, dry, and lint free cloth;
- In order to remove accumulated dust or wax build up on old furniture, a soft lint-free cloth dampened in warm water having mild detergent should be used;
- After wiping the furniture, the surface should be dried thoroughly using dry, clean, and lint-free cloth;
- furniture polish should be applied in the direction of the wood grain and this should be done every six months.